The mission of the Maine Resource Recovery Association is:
1. To foster professional solid waste management practices;
2. To further the development of recycling and other forms of resource recovery as cost-effective components of environmentally sound solid waste management in Maine communities; and to promote market development and provide cooperative marketing opportunities.
The goals of the Association include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Promoting communication and information exchange between Association members and markets, equipment suppliers, State and Federal government, and other State and national associations, as well as information exchange among members.
2. Compiling and developing other information relevant to the education and technical assistance needs of Maine solid waste management and recovery programs.
3. Assisting with the marketing of recyclable and reusable materials.
4. To facilitate the marketing of materials, the Association may establish a cooperative marketing service to assist Association members in the orderly and efficient marketing of recyclables collected and/or processed at recycling centers. The cooperative marketing service may provide market information, quality guidance on material preparation, marketing of the recyclables, and other services as may be deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. A cooperative marketing service is offered to members on the member’s behalf, and the Association does not take ownership of recyclables at any point during the furnishing of the services.
5. No substantial part of the activities of the organization shall be carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided by IRC 50 1 (h)) or participating in, or intervening in (including the publication or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidates for public office.
MRRA will follow the guidelines pursuant to the Maine nonprofit corporation act MRS title 13-B
Maine Resource Recovery Association thanks MaineShare for its ongoing support. MaineShare makes it easy to donate to more than 40 statewide organizations working every day to make Maine a better place to live. For more information, please visit their website.
JOB POSTING - MRRA
Join the sustainable economy and help lead a statewide environmental trade association into the future!
Maine Resource Recovery Association (MRRA.net) helps Maine communities and businesses implement environmentally sound & economically sustainable recycling and solid-waste management practices, as well as educate and train our members and business partners. MRRA is committed to sound materials management practices and other forms of resource recovery that benefit Maine communities.
The mission of the Maine Resource Recovery Association is:
• To foster professional solid waste management practices;
• To further the development of recycling and other forms of resource recovery as cost-effective components of environmentally sound solid waste management in Maine communities; and to promote market development while provide cooperative marketing opportunities.
Full Time Salary, 30,000 – 35,000, standard full time benefits package includes paid health, dental, vacation, 12 holidays, 5 days sick leave, retirement after the first year. The Assistant Director is an entry level professional and is expected to familiarize and become adept in all aspects of operating a recycling brokerage and recycling trade association, in order to provide seamless coverage for the Director on his or her absence. The AD will assist on developing our trade conference and provide coordination between the committee and the BOD. This position answers to the Director.
Positive attitude and good with people
Ability to work independently in a time sensitive atmosphere
Willing to cover key staff positions as necessary
Excellent communicator, written and oral
Become competent with all phases of working in a busy office setting: phone calls, processing customer orders, tracking, competent with excel and google docs.
Co-op Brokerage Office Management
Customer relations and communications
Assist the executive director as needed.
Invoicing and billing
Preparing payments and preparing the daily deposit.
Preparing equipment and supplies sales invoices and packages
Provide timely calls to clients for furnishing order numbers on loads being shipped
Preparing invoices for profit sharing towns: Coastal, Belfast, Mid Maine, and Rockland
Must have drivers license and be able to travel on occasion, primarily in Maine but
occasionally New England may be necessary.
Lead Educational Event Planning
Staff and organize the work flow of the education committee in regards to planning
workshops, tours, and the annual conference.
Manage the conference budget and staff
Produce the program and all mailings
Assisting with occasional site visits for members and sponsors.
Other tasks as assigned.
Computer programs used:
Gmail and google sheets and docs, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word & Excel, Filemaker,
Lotus Approach and 123 Spreadsheet for archived data.
Helpful Skill set
Familiar with Filemaker and QuickBooks.
Website updating (Adobe Products).
Event planning and committee work
4 year degree preferred in related field
Associates degree, or combination of at least 4 years education or experience
equivalent in managing clients and client orders and or relative administrative duties.
How to apply:
Cover Letter, Resume, 3 references. Fax 207-355-3101 or email.
Deadline: August 17, 2018
Must be available to attend MRRA Annual Meeting, Auburn, ME
on October 22, 2018
Office located in Newport, Maine
Membership Dues Structure
- Students $35
- Individuals $50
- Municipalities & Facilities* (based on population) $100-500
- Businesses & Non-profits** $100
- Trade Associations $100
*Municipalities and Municipal Facilities are Voting Members. Dues are based on population served.
**Contact MRRA to learn about Special Mission and Benefactor Memberships.
134C Main street
newport, ME 04953 207-355-3104
Maine Resource Recovery Association (MRRA) helps Maine communities and businesses implement environmentally sound & economically sustainable recycling and solid-waste management protocols. MRRA is committed to sound recycling and solid waste management practices and other forms of resource recovery that benefit Maine communities.
If you would like more information about our services we are eager to help.
I promise, we won’t spam you!
Copyright © 2015 -