The mission of the Maine Resource Recovery Association is:
1. To foster professional solid waste management practices;
2. To further the development of recycling and other forms of resource recovery as cost-effective components of environmentally sound solid waste management in Maine communities; and to promote market development and provide cooperative marketing opportunities.
The goals of the Association include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Promoting communication and information exchange between Association members and markets, equipment suppliers, State and Federal government, and other State and national associations, as well as information exchange among members.
2. Compiling and developing other information relevant to the education and technical assistance needs of Maine solid waste management and recovery programs.
3. Assisting with the marketing of recyclable and reusable materials.
4. To facilitate the marketing of materials, the Association may establish a cooperative marketing service to assist Association members in the orderly and efficient marketing of recyclables collected and/or processed at recycling centers. The cooperative marketing service may provide market information, quality guidance on material preparation, marketing of the recyclables, and other services as may be deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. A cooperative marketing service is offered to members on the member’s behalf, and the Association does not take ownership of recyclables at any point during the furnishing of the services.
5. No substantial part of the activities of the organization shall be carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided by IRC 50 1 (h)) or participating in, or intervening in (including the publication or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidates for public office.
MRRA will follow the guidelines pursuant to the Maine nonprofit corporation act MRS title 13-B
Maine Resource Recovery Association thanks MaineShare for its ongoing support. MaineShare makes it easy to donate to more than 40 statewide organizations working every day to make Maine a better place to live. For more information, please visit their website.
JOB POSTING - MRRA
No Postings at this time. but feel free to email your resume.
Membership Dues Structure
- Students $35
- Individuals $50
- Municipalities & Facilities* (based on population) $100-500
- Businesses & Non-profits** $100
- Trade Associations $100
*Municipalities and Municipal Facilities are Voting Members. Dues are based on population served.
**Contact MRRA to learn about Special Mission and Benefactor Memberships.
134C Main street
newport, ME 04953 207-355-3104
Maine Resource Recovery Association (MRRA) helps Maine communities and businesses implement environmentally sound & economically sustainable recycling and solid-waste management protocols. MRRA is committed to sound recycling and solid waste management practices and other forms of resource recovery that benefit Maine communities.
If you would like more information about our services we are eager to help.
I promise, we won’t spam you!
Copyright © 2015 -